Training and developing skills of an employee on a continuous basis is very important for an organisation. Training is the process of increasing the knowledge, skills , aptitude and abilities of an employee for doing the specific job in an efficient manner.
It entails conveying technical knowledge, manipulative skills, problem solving ability and positive attitude within the employee. The resources exercised in human resource training can be an investment in human assets and the skills procured in the process is an advantage for the enterprise as well as the employees.
Technological changes, appearance of markets worldwide for products and services, international competition, new business strategies, new management practices and new forms of business organization are among the remarkable developments which can be a reason have made employee training necessary for sustaining, to provide products and services as or more effectively and efficiently than the relevant competitors. It improves the efficiency of an organization, motivate the workers, enhance their skills, promote job security and social justice and upgrade their employability in the rapidly changing internal and external labour markets.
Employment service are operated on a global network of employment exchanges.
The key elements are as per follows:-
- To frame overall policies, norms alongwith standards for vocational training.
- To modify, update and diversify training facilities in terms of craftsperson and crafts instructors’ training.
- To assemble and conduct specialised training and research at the specially prevailing training Institutes.
- To implement, diversify and regulate the scope of training of apprentices under the Apprentices Act, 1961.
- To collocate vocational training programmes for women.
- To offer vocational guidance and employment counselling.
- To aid scheduled castes/ scheduled tribes and persons with disabilities by upgrading their capabilities for wage employment as well as self-employment.
- To conduct regular training programmes for employment officers and to use a staff training material developed by employment service personnel for the respective training purpose.
- To collect and circulate information concerning employment and unemployment and advice standard reporting procedures.